Convince Your Boss
GET THE GO-AHEAD TO ATTEND ALUMINUM USA
You’ve done your research and recognized attending ALUMINUM USA 2023 will help you learn, develop, and advance in your career—now it’s time to convince your boss. Focus on what you'll bring back to the team and the value beyond your day-to-day responsibilities. Keep it short, powerful, and organization- or team-focused. Resources include:
4 TIPS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
When crafting your plan, think about the bottom line: Why should the organization budget for your trip, and what’s the return on investment?
- Determine the value. Show specifics on how your attendance will impact current projects, inspire knowledge, and eliminate obstacles.
- Be solutions driven. What issues pop up again and again? List exhibitors who can provide the solutions your organization needs.
- Inspire your team! Make a list of all the educational sessions you’ll be attending along with their titles, descriptions, and actionable takeaways.
- Provide a post-event rundown. Offer to deliver a short presentation or write up on your key takeaways.
- Plan for your absence. Whether it’s working ahead or tapping a colleague to help, explain how your time away is covered.
No other event in the industry puts you in direct contact with as many companies and industry leaders as ALUMINUM USA. The reasons to attend are many, but here are some important points to present to your boss:
- Discover sustainable solutions: Connect with experts from leading companies and see the latest sustainability trends and innovative solutions with more than 200+ exhibiting companies and live demonstrations.
- Inventive education: An unparalleled opportunity to learn about the latest technologies and implementations within the aluminum industry.
- Get access to leaders and professionals: Network and make meaningful connections with your peers, find potential business partners, and connect with industry experts ready to solve your toughest challenges.
SAMPLE LETTER TO MANAGEMENT
Download a sample letter to use as a starting point while conveying the importance of the event to your boss.
JOIN THE ALUMINUM USA COMMUNITY
Join the community of industry professionals and explore the technologies and solutions that will enable a more sustainable future.