When crafting your plan, think about the bottom line: Why should the organization budget for your trip, and what’s the return on investment?
- Determine the value. Show specifics on how your attendance will impact current projects, inspire knowledge, and eliminate obstacles.
- Be solutions driven. What issues pop up again and again? List exhibitors who can provide the solutions your organization needs.
- Inspire your team! Make a list of all the educational sessions you’ll be attending along with their titles, descriptions, and actionable takeaways.
- Provide a post-event rundown. Offer to deliver a short presentation or write up on your key takeaways.
- Plan for your absence. Whether it’s working ahead or tapping a colleague to help, explain how your time away is covered.